I hope all my friends in the London area are doing ok. People really are assholes and I hope your or your loved ones weren't effected by the bombing.
Your Western USA Friend
BOLDS ARE RIGHT regular doesnt apply to me
Growing up in the 80's...
If you grew up in the 80's, the following probably applies to you...
Read through, add one of your own, pass it on!
1. You've ended a sentence with the word "SIKE".
2. You owned a Pound Puppie.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel-air", and can do
the " Carlton ". (oh i sooooo doooo)
4. Girls.. you yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
5. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake
pals scented dolls.
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
7. Two words: Hammer Pants. (duh nanananah CANT TOUCH THIS)
8. You watched "Fraggle Rock" and will be psyched to know a DVD was just released.
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle
bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect. (hahahaha i thought i was so ooo cool)
10. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales" (Woo ooh!).
11. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
12. Girls, remember rocking the ponytail on the side of your head?
13. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja
Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtles names.
14. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.YES!
15. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
16. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
17. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
18. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
19. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in
20. You remember reading "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and all the Ramona books.
21. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
22. You wanted to be a Goonie.
23. You wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)
24. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
25. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
26. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
27. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
28. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
29. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
30. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. (Better yet, you wanted to name your baby sister She-ra.)
31. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
32. You owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
33. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?
34. "I've fallen and I can't get up" was your excuse for everything.
35. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
36. You got embarressed or seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. (or both!)
37. You played with a Skip-It.
38. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds and (if you were lucky!) Chuckie Cheese. oh yeah
39. You colected "Popples", spent way too much time with "Light Brights" (you're singing the song in your head, aren't you?) and loved glow worms. hahaha
40. "Don't worry, be happy"
41. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger, hip" members of the family)
42. You remember boom boxes.. and walking around with one on your shoulder.
43. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
44. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales".
45. Doogie Howser was your hero.
46. You can say what Alf ate... meow.
47. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
48. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on
"Saved By The Bell".
49. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
50. You just sang those words to yourself.
51. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better).
52. You remember when mullets were cool!
53. You owned! a banana clip
54. You used to annoy your family with "Where's the Beef?"
55. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
56. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
57. You also knew how to use a whole bottle of gel in your hair and how to get that perfect flip in the front.
58. Cameo "word Up" was your Favorite song.
59. Your one peirced ear was cool enough.
60. VOIT basketball equipment
61. You tucked your spandex into your over-frilled socks
62. You remember when staying home on a friday night and watching TGIF was cool
63. You knew all the words to the Dukes of Hazzard theme song.
64. You had to trade in your old Big Wheel because you blew the wheel out doing crazy skids all the time
65. David Hassellhoff was a true PIMP in Knight Rider
66. The cartoon SNORKS!!!!
67. You girls remember crimping irons? What were we thinking?
68. You watched Gummy Bears, the cartoon and can remember the theme song... "Bouncing here and there and everywhere"
69. The tv show Greatest American Hero was technologically advanced.
One word: Woofle Balls
I was a little kid in the 80's but some of the trends followed into the early 90's so I probably did all that then
I really should be cleaning my room.
The number of spam emails I have in my bulk folder is the year before this one. I couldn't say it any other way, I'm tired!
*goes to sleeP*