1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
A couple of things. I went on Cruise to someplace I've never been before (Alaska). I got into a relationship, granted it lasted two weeks but it was still a relationship. I took a long drive by myself as well.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I lost the 20 pounds I said I'd lose...of course I gained it back...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law. We're not that close but she did have my nephew...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me but I know some people who died
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada and other parts of America
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A boyfriend and a place of my own
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 11th because it was the day that this country proved it can look beyond it's past and elect for the change it so richly needs. It's a day that will go down in our history books and I'm so damn proud to have taken part in it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably sticking with a job for a few months.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've been "suffering" a cough for the last 5 months, it hasn't gone completely away.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
It isn't 2009 yet and I know there will be more things I buy before the new year. The last big thing I bought was my awesome eco friendly bag made of recycled water bottles!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My own? I feel like I matured a lot this year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother's as much as I hate to say it. She was very immature and catty this year...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vacation money. I paid my share for the Alaskan cruise and I also traveled to NYC twice and I'll count my theater tickets towards the NYC money...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Equus and knowing I'd have a very good chance at meeting Danrad. Oh, I got equally excited for my Alaskan cruise.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Probably Viva La Vida by Coldplay
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. Happier or sadder? It depends. I suppose sadder in general for a few reasons. I've had a taste of what being in a relationship is like and I crave it now.
II. Thinner or fatter? fatter :(
III. Richer or poorer? Richer, I inherited some money from my grandma
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I got out and socialized more
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I ate less, I eat way too much
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I was sick in my hotel room in NYC
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
There were a few shows I watched religiously. House, Craig Ferguson, South Park, and Psych :)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word
25. What was the best book you read?
I can't answer that, I love books too much
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think there's any artists I discovered this year...but I rediscovered Coldplay.
27. What did you want and get?
The chance to meet Dan
28. What did you want and NOT get?
I wanted to lose a good amount of weight and find love
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and I didn't do anything special. I remember going out of the way not to make a big deal out of it, I didn't want to be reminded of turning a quarter of a century..
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
Music, pets, friends, and my cousin
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dan Radcliffe, Craig Ferguson, Hugh Laurie, and Anderson Cooper
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
So many stirred me! I guess the one that I went out and did the most for was the rejection of Prop 8 and when it passed I joined many protests.
36. Who did you miss?
My cousin, I didn't get to talk to him as much as I wanted to this year
37. Who was the best new person you met?
*shrug*...Justin maybe, he's a great guy
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
You have to take what life throws at you with good humor. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I get knocked down but I get up again" (good ol' Chumbawumba)